PWUFans.suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PWUFans.suck

4/19/08 - The End, for us atleast.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"

Go down 
+10
kevin
John_Blud
John-Blud
BosomBuddiesGirl
Vampriess Magdalena
sexysheep
The Phan
bigdaddy225
bbxsandman
natestein
14 posters
AuthorMessage
natestein
Stalks ghosts through hallways
natestein

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 am

AFTER 20 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS, TOD GORDON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT:

From the desk of Tod Gordon

It was not my intention for this to become a matter of public record until after I had an opportunity to address my dressing room and my staff on Saturday night, but with the age of the internet upon us, that turned out not to be possible. It’s not a complicated story folks. A member of my immediate family is gravely ill and both my physical and financial resources must be devoted to 24/7 healthcare. It would be virtually impossible for me to devote the time and energy needed to run PWU and my store and be a caretaker. Something had to give. It’s been 20 blessed years in this business surrounded by top notch quality talent both in front of and behind the camera. I will miss each and every one of them along with all of you fans who supported me so faithfully.

BUT THERE IS A SILVER LINING:

Two companies will emerge from what I leave behind. The owner of the New Alhambra has pledged to keep wrestling events happening in that building every third Saturday of the month. In fact, he plans on using most of the same talent you’ve come to love and/or hate in PWU with a few exciting additions. After my last event this Saturday night, please check out www.newalhambra.com for information regarding this promotion that will run it’s first show on Saturday night, May the 17th to be followed the third Saturday in June with the annual New Alhambra Hardcore Hall of Fame ceremony.

At the end of this letter I’m attaching a release from my good friend John Kashmere regarding the future of PWU and an exciting innovative concept he has developed. In closing, my heartfelt thanks to every independent wrestling fan reading this. Please continue to support independent wrestling and I’m hoping you’ll be there this Saturday night at Cuffed and Caged to say goodbye. God Bless you all.

Tod Gordon

PRO WRESTLING UNPLUGGED, the force behind innovations like The Crazy 8 Match, Cuffed + Caged, and the Red Carpet Rally, now embarks on a revolutionary new adventure in sports entertainment known as “WRESTLE-REALITY”.

This Saturday, PWU hosts AL SNOW, BUSHWACKER LUKE, GARY WOLF, JOHNNY KASHMERE, & THE BACKSEAT HOODIES during intermission to sign autographs, discuss PWU’s newest concept, and announce the date of PWU's next event. They will also be on hand to give their respect at the retirement of wrestling legend TOD GORDON.

Check out ProWrestlingUnplugged.com later this week as we define "WRESTLE-REALITY"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/natestein
bbxsandman
Voted for Mike Sanz

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:49 am

I'm confused by this release. So does this mean PWU will NOT be running shows at The New Alhambra after this Saturday???? It kind of looks that way.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 am

Goodbye PWU and Hello some new promotion?
Back to top Go down
The Phan
Stanley's Stylist
The Phan

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:06 am

PWU will be continuing on at a new facility.

The Arena will house a new promotion on PWU's Arena dates
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ThePhan11
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:20 am

This whole thing is really sad.
Back to top Go down
sexysheep
Stole the NWA Cyberspace Titles
sexysheep

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 am

The Phan wrote:
PWU will be continuing on at a new facility.

I hear they're scouting out a VFW hall or something in Levittown.
Back to top Go down
bbxsandman
Voted for Mike Sanz

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:12 am

So Kashmere running PWU again then I guess rumors of him not being welcome at The New Alhambra must be true. That the only logical conclusion I can make from this.
Back to top Go down
Vampriess Magdalena
Guerilla Radio's #1 Fan
Vampriess Magdalena

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:28 am

I look at it this way if Tod leaves an they pick a new place thats what must be done. I will miss Tod his a great man an knows this biz like the back of his hand. If its in Levittown so be it the true pwu fans will travel to go to the shows. Hell I know if I can make it u bet ur sweet asses I an my husband Vampire RavenHeart will be there to not only support the wrestlers but also PWU. So lets just see what happens an go from there
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/vampiressmagdalena
BosomBuddiesGirl
Member of the Lexxbian Army
BosomBuddiesGirl

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:38 pm

great so no more front row's for me no more shows for me i lose another fed i love to go to what else is going to happen in my life.

Hell who know's maybe i'll get struck by lighting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcatsexykitty
John-Blud
PWUFans Admin

Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2006-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Stop working us Joann! You jumped ship months ago!
Back to top Go down
John_Blud
Misses Eek The Nerd

Number of posts : 471

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:19 am

Back to top Go down
BosomBuddiesGirl
Member of the Lexxbian Army
BosomBuddiesGirl

Number of posts : 339

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:28 am

John-Blud wrote:
Stop working us Joann! You jumped ship months ago!

No john i didn't jump ship. I'm going to support people i know i'm not a czw band wagon jumper.

But how know's maybe me going there will shut that company down to. So don't even start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcatsexykitty
kevin
Enjoyed the JCW Feud

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 am

Thank you tod you will be miss see you all on sat night
Back to top Go down
punkxxxpepsi
Enjoyed the JCW Feud

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:30 am

Is there any word on who's going to be involved with either company? Same rosters? Different rosters? This could be an exciting time.
Back to top Go down
psychoman
Nickels Trivia Unplugged jobber

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:06 am

Why doesn't the Alhambra's owner just buy PWU? Isn't there any interest on his end? Kashmere must not want that.

And why did it take him so long to think, "Hey, I could try to book wrestling here too"?
Back to top Go down
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:16 am

I wonder what kinda roster that Roger can come up with.Alot of wrestlers have wrestled in his arena and from what i have heard he is highly respected. It should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lexx
Supports the Ice Cream Posse
Lexx

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 pm

I just wanna say I'm sad to hear Tod is retiring but I'm happy to have had the honour of working for him. Tod is such a great guy, much love and respect to him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lexx-online.co.uk
John_Blud
Misses Eek The Nerd

Number of posts : 471

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 am

bigdaddy225 wrote:
I wonder what kinda roster that Roger can come up with.Alot of wrestlers have wrestled in his arena and from what i have heard he is highly respected. It should be interesting.

Well its mostly expected to be the same faces of the New Alhambra's PWU with the exception of maybe a few and the addition of whoever else they decide to pick up.
Back to top Go down
John-Blud
PWUFans Admin

Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2006-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 am

LEEEAVE THE MEMORIIEESSS ALOOOOONE
Back to top Go down
phillyking
Has the hots for Cindy Rodgers
phillyking

Number of posts : 706

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:04 am

John-Blud wrote:
LEEEAVE THE MEMORIIEESSS ALOOOOONE

Let them fight John. Its all we got left! lmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillykingz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"   Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tod Gordon Retirement; PWU's "Wrestle-Reality"
Page 1 of 1