PWUFans.suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PWUFans.suck

4/19/08 - The End, for us atleast.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So its all over?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim2171
Enjoyed the JCW Feud

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-25

So its all over? Empty
PostSubject: So its all over?   So its all over? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 pm

I don't know if PWU will continue in ANY form. I just have to say one thing.

There have been companies that have come and gone, but one company still remains. ECW. Not the watered down McECW, but the original ECW. As long as the memories are there......and for me they are.

There will never be another ECW no matter how many companies come and go! You can have the best talent, you can have the ECW arena, but the original "vibe" is not there. I use to STAY UP every friday and watch ECW on MSG. B/c it was one of a kind. It was must see viewing

I tuned in and saw almost 1200 people make more noise than 20,000. I've been to RAW, I've even been to NITRO, but the greatest ECW show I ever saw happened at the Hartford Armory in 1999. The place was absolutely batshit! I honestly thought the Dudleys were gonna start a fucking riot that night. I still have my ticket stub signed by Tommy Dreamer. Dreaner even goofed on me when I acted like a total fucking mark in fromt of him. It didn't matter I got a chance to experience ECW

And by 1999 I didn't even experience ECW @ full steam

The main event that night was Spike Dudley vs Rob Van Dam

There needs to be a Philly promotion that brings the fans together. There needs to be a Philly promotion that brings that vibe again. ROH? nope. CZW fuck no! PWU? no.

I seriously doubt there ever will be one again.
Back to top Go down
AmyLee
Turned Devon Moore heel
AmyLee

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-04-30

So its all over? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So its all over?   So its all over? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 pm

PWU IS STILL GOING TO HOST SHOWS
Back to top Go down
Jim2171
Enjoyed the JCW Feud

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-25

So its all over? Empty
PostSubject: Didn't mean to upset anybody   So its all over? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Its a good thing that PWU is going to host shows at THE ARENA, but you still have to admit that during the heyday of ECW Philly was united. Since ECW's demise there has not been one promotion to galvanize the fans the way ECW did. I just miss the "vibe"

Didn't mean to offend or upset
Back to top Go down
MikeParker
Turned Devon Moore heel
MikeParker

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-21

So its all over? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So its all over?   So its all over? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:33 pm

I understand where you're coming from Jim, but I disagree a bit.
I attended a ton of ECW shows (probably 30 or more) from '96 to'99. While I missed out on a few things I got to see to see it before the talent really got raided. I about as a big of an ECW diehard as you'll find. To the point that instead of wearing a PWU T-shirt last night, I pulled a very early ECW T-shirt out of retirement as a tribute to Tod.
For years I wanted to exprience the ECW "feel" again. I tried a few different shows and they mostly fell flat for me (inlcuding ROH).
Then last October, after many delays on my part, I attended my first PWU event. It was my first time back at the Arena since '98.
I found what was I looking for that the other companies I attended lacked.
Great action, hard working wrestlers AND characters I enjoyed and could connect with as a fan. Add that to feel of The Arena and it's about as close to ECW as fan could ask for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twvdivas.com
Sponsored content

So its all over? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So its all over?   So its all over? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So its all over?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PWUFans.suck :: Pro Wrestling Unplugged Discussion-
Jump to: