PWUFans.suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PWUFans.suck

4/19/08 - The End, for us atleast.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bye Tod, Bye PWU

Go down 
+3
AmyLee
bigdaddy225
John-Blud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
John-Blud
PWUFans Admin

Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2006-08-20

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:59 am

Quote :
Tod Gordon is done with Pro Wrestling Unplugged come June and the company's future is looking bleak. That's the story I'm hearing from reliable sources today as the company heads into their "Cuffed & Caged" event next weekend. The reasons being given to me is that Tod Gordon's departure is due to a personal matter outside of wrestling. While PWU's status post-Gordon is up in the air, the company's future is in serious doubt and the situation doesn't look very good. The promotion is funded by both Gordon and Don Bootz, so the company will essentially be losing one of it's main money men. We'll have more on this soon.

Last edited by John-Blud on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:05 am

Oh great.Pwu is gonna go down like 3pw? Philadelphia wrestling can really suck sometimes.
Back to top Go down
AmyLee
Turned Devon Moore heel
AmyLee

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:01 am

dont jump to conclusions....you never know what may be in the very near future.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:53 pm

I am hoping for the best Amy!
Back to top Go down
BosomBuddiesGirl
Member of the Lexxbian Army
BosomBuddiesGirl

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 am

I'm with amy on this one. The future is just around the corner. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcatsexykitty
phillyking
Has the hots for Cindy Rodgers
phillyking

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:31 pm

I hope this company pulls through and stays put for a long time. Great fans and a class group of workers make this company what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillykingz
Murderalotta
This rank was paid for by Helter Skelter
Murderalotta

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:25 am

Tod Gordon & The Future Of PWU:
Gordon Announces His Retirement

04/14/07 - FROM THE DESK OF TOD GORDON

It was not my intention for this to become a matter of public record until after I had an opportunity to address my dressing room and my staff on Saturday night, but with the age of the internet upon us, that turned out not to be impossible. It’s not a complicated story folks. A member of my immediate family is gravely ill and both my physical and financial resources must be devoted to 24/7 healthcare. It would be virtually impossible for me to devote the time and energy needed to run PWU and my store and be a caretaker. Something had to give. It’s been 20 blessed years in this business surrounded by top notch quality talent both in front of and behind the camera. I will miss each and every one of them along with all of you fans who supported me so faithfully.

BUT THERE IS A SILVER LINING:

Two companies will emerge from what I leave behind. The owner of the New Alhambra has pledged to keep wrestling events happening in that building every third Saturday of the month. In fact, he plans on using most of the same talent you’ve come to love and/or hate in PWU with a few exciting additions. After my last event this Saturday night, please check out www.newalhambra.com for information regarding this promotion that will run it’s first show on Saturday night, May the 17th to be followed the third Saturday in June with the annual New Alhambra Hardcore Hall of Fame ceremony.

At the end of this letter I’m attaching a release from my good friend John Kashmere regarding the future of PWU and an exciting innovative concept he has developed. In closing, my heartfelt thanks to every independent wrestling fan reading this. Please continue to support independent wrestling and I’m hoping you’ll be there this Saturday night at Cuffed and Caged to say goodbye.

God Bless you all.

Tod Gordon

PRO WRESTLING UNPLUGGED, the force behind innovations like The Crazy 8 Match, Cuffed + Caged, and the Red Carpet Rally, now embarks on a revolutionary new adventure in sports entertainment known as “WRESTLE-REALITY”.

This Saturday, PWU hosts AL SNOW, BUSHWACKER LUKE, GARY WOLF, JOHNNY KASHMERE, & THE BACKSEAT HOODIES during intermission to sign autographs, discuss PWU’s newest concept, and announce the date of PWU's next event. They will also be on hand to give their respect at the retirement of wrestling legend TOD GORDON.

I don't currently have any words....
Back to top Go down
MikeParker
Turned Devon Moore heel
MikeParker

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 am

"announce the date of PWU's next event" sounds positive to me.

as well as

"The owner of the New Alhambra has pledged to keep wrestling events happening in that building every third Saturday of the month. In fact, he plans on using most of the same talent you’ve come to love and/or hate in PWU with a few exciting additions"

There's a contiuation there and presumbly funding.
I've to come love PWU if something similar takes it' space with most of the same talent that's OK to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twvdivas.com
Sponsored content

Bye Tod, Bye PWU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Tod, Bye PWU   Bye Tod, Bye PWU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bye Tod, Bye PWU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PWUFans.suck :: Pro Wrestling Unplugged Discussion-
Jump to: