PWUFans.suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PWUFans.suck

4/19/08 - The End, for us atleast.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Out Nate Stein

Go down 
+3
phillyking
Loud_Fan
John_Blud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
John_Blud
Misses Eek The Nerd

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Help Out Nate Stein Empty
PostSubject: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:19 am

Quote :
So, I finally got a better answer about my back problems. After an MRI, I have a tear in the lining of a disc, with the inside of the disc herniating out.

The options:
* Surgery that insurance would partially pay for & would be unable to do anything for like 6 months.
* Disc decompression therapy for $4700 that insurance WON'T pay for & would only be out for a month.

Am a little stuck honestly. The thought of a loan absolutely scares the crap out of me, but might be the last choice.

I know no one will, but any donations to pstamper@umw.edu would be beyond appreciated.

Nate has always been a real cool guy to me and all of the PWU fans, hes always willing to help promote other people and companies and was willing to stay after the show with me and Chris to film with us for another show. I think if you are able to do this, now would be a good time to help give back to him.
Back to top Go down
Loud_Fan
The Real Commissioner
Loud_Fan

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Why don't they pass around a cup or a 50/50 ticket gimick at Cuffed and Caged?

nate good luck with everything.....

Last edited by Loud_Fan on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phillyking
Has the hots for Cindy Rodgers
phillyking

Number of posts : 706

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:43 am

Loud_Fan wrote:
Why do they pass around a cup or a 50/50 ticket gimick at Cuffed and Caged?

nate good luck with everything.....

Loudy is right. Have a raffle of some PWU stuff. I know that will sell some tickets. Get well Nate we need ya back soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillykingz
bigdaddy225
Stanley's Stylist
bigdaddy225

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:43 am

Raffle sounds like a great idea.Let's make it happen PWU.
Back to top Go down
TwiztidKegs
Sleeps in Roger's office
TwiztidKegs

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:24 am

I dont know if this would be possible but maybe if the arena could be rented for a night we could do a 40 Drop Records "Benefit Show" I would need some advanced notice so I could get some acts booked definatly I know our guys JPK and Bigg Redd would be down, hit me up if you think this could work
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/twiztidkegs
BosomBuddiesGirl
Member of the Lexxbian Army
BosomBuddiesGirl

Number of posts : 339

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:22 am

i've got a idea just have a table set up to make a donation for nate and you can donate whatever amount you want. and at the end of the night present it to nate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcatsexykitty
natestein
Stalks ghosts through hallways
natestein

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Hey guys,

Let me just say I greatly appreciate all of your well wishes. I just wanted to pop in & say where I was at the moment.

There are still the two options, but come to find out all is not what it might seem.

* The therapy - while insurance will not pay for it & there is validated medical proof of it, it's not the most validated research.
* Surgery - come to find out that due to it's location, apparently surgery is normally not recommended - or allowed by my insurance to be paid for in most cases.

So, I'm going to get a second & third opinion. Luckily, insurance will pay for some of this (sans co-pay & lab work - yeaaaah, insurance).

I have found there might be other options. lol - maybe I'm just in denial, but it seemed all too rushed into to jump into this therapy with a $4700 price tag out of pocket.

When I know more, I will let you know.

But I will say this, you guys are absolutely friggin' AWESOME. You are my family & I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/natestein
natestein
natestein

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 am

So, it's been a week & I wanted to update everyone with where I am.

First, I want to thank everyone for being really cool & supportive about this.

The last opinion I'm waiting for is from an Orthopedic doctor. Unfortunately, after I made the appointment last Monday (for last Tuesday), he canceled. Bah, he had to go into surgery or something - what is that? Kidding.

So, we are meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) to go over my MRI & look at my last list of options.

Hopefully, there is a physical therapy option better than the $4700 one that also would allow me to get back to being relatively physical in a month or so.

lol - partially slipping my disc six years ago wasn't this difficult to deal with & even then, physical therapy THAT INSURANCE COVERED was a part of it all.

I spent about a week being bummed & feeling sorry for myself in the middle of a couple months or so of just being in pain all the time. I'm over it now.

In some good news, in the last few weeks, I've lost 10 lbs. Here's to another 30 or so!

Until next time...
Back to top Go down
natestein
natestein

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 am

$2500

To start.

This is the cost after insurance for everything. Doctors, Physical Therapy, the MRI, & equipment I need to buy for therapy.

Much more doable than almost $5000 for just the therapy.

Why do I say "to start"? After four to six weeks of P.T., I get re-evaluated. If there's more that's needed, that'll be more $$$. But hopefully in small increments.

The Doctor reassured me that surgery is like THE LAST option if nothing else works. So, we're doing some P.T. & some home P.T. - exercise & inversion therapy. After that, the massive doses of drugs, lol, including epideral cortisone shots...fun.

He did let me know that if nothing else works, surgery is still present as an option. So here's to hoping & praying.

Let me say now by mid-May, I want to be back & active in the ring, as well. Now, I know that might not be an option. But it gives me a goal.

Thank you again for everyone's awesomely kind words & thoughts. I will definitely keep you all in the know.

Until next time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Out Nate Stein   Help Out Nate Stein Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Out Nate Stein
Page 1 of 1